Company History

1949 Established as the Hisanao Kojima store in Tanabe-cho, Tsuduki-gun, Kyoto now Tanabe City, Kyoto). Started manufacturing and sale of micro flow meters for analyzers and experimental devices.
1952 Company name changed to Kojima Seisaku-sho.
1969 Started manufacturing and sales of micro flow controller valves and pressure controller valves.
1971 Construction of new HQ building and factory at Kawara, Tanabe-cho, Tsuduki-gun, Kyoto.
1973 Started manufacturing and sales of fluid controllers.
1974 ncorporated as Kojima Seisakusho, Co., Ltd and capitalized at 10 million yen.
1978 Established Tokyo Branch in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
1982 Acquired 1,000m2 site in Kusauchi, Tanabe-cho, Tsuduki-gun, Kyoto. Constructed new HQ building and a factory on this site.
1983 Established Osaka branch in Kita-ku, Osaka.
1985 New factory completed on HQ site.
1988 Acquired 2,3102,310m2 of land next to the HQ site.
1989 Introduced CI on occasion of 40th anniversary. Completed construction of an annex to HQ. Acquired a 6402 site in Kawara, Tanabe-cho, Tsuduki-gun, Kyoto.
1990 Started manufacturing and sales of oxygen and nitrogen gas generators.
1992 Acquired site of 11,184m2 in Uji Tawara-cho, Tsuduki-gun, Kyoto. Completed construction of a new factory (1,682m2) on this site.
1993 Started manufacturing and sales of ozone water processing system.
1995 Opened Nagoya office.
1996 Completed construction of research and development wing on the Uji Tawara factory site. Won "Kyoto Small and Medium Enterprise Technology Grand Prize" with the high purity nitrogen gas generator.
1997 Changed the company name from Kojima Seisakusho, Co., Ltd. to KOJIMA INSTRUMENTS INC.
1998 Opened Yokohama, Fukuoka and Kyoto offices. Completed new factory on the Uji Tawara factory site.
1999 Received permission from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare for the manufacture of medical instruments. Started manufacture and sale of First Life (home-use oxygen enricher). Obtained ISO90001 certification.
2000 Changed to quarterly settlement of accounts on occasion of 50th anniversary.
2001 Completed construction of the class 100 ultra clean room in the Uji Tawara factory.
2003 Began regional new development consortium R & D work.
2004 Adopted FP, FS dual business division system.
2006 Obtained ISO14001 certification.
2008 Awarded “Kansai Front Runner Grand Prize 2008”
2009 KOJIMA INSTRUMENTS was selected as “Top 300 of Medium and Small Size Manufacturer 2009”.
2010 Hisatoshi Kojima is named as Chairman, and Mariko Kojima as President.
Awarded the “Business Innovation Award First prize”from Association of Management Consultants in Japan.
2012 Changed the brand name from 「KOFLOC」 to 「KOFLOC Kyoto」
Completed a new factory in headquarter site(P1 factory).
Closed Ujitawara factory, aggregate to head and Yawata factory.
Chairman Hisatoshi Kojima awarded the "Industry Merit Award" from Kyoto prefecture.
2013 Established 100% owned local cooperation in Shanghai.